Our rice cooker features a pressure chamber plate that allows any overflow to be collected then drained back into the cooking pot base container. To help you get the most out of your product we would like to offer some cooking guidelines and useful tips.
- Lid with easy lift tabs
- Pressure chamber plate
- Cooking pot
- Rice spoon
Cooking times and water levels are approximate and should be adjusted according to grain type and microwave power setting. If salt is added, cooking times may need to be increased. For specialty rice such as wild rice or brown rice, refer to the cooking instructions on the rice packaging.
For best results:
- Rinse the rice in a sieve under cold running water until the water runs clear (unless otherwise stated on the packaging).
- Use cold water when cooking.
- Position the lid so that the holes in the top lid and pressure chamber plate are offset.
- Use the easy lift tabs on the lid to safely pick up the product after cooking.
- Allow cooked rice to stand for a minimum of 5 minutes, then fluff the rice with the rice spoon provided before serving.
For your satisfaction & safety:
- Do not cook rice or other grains at any time without water.
- Do not add any fat or oil to the water or use liquid with fat content such as milk.
- Do not use sharp utensils.
- To avoid boil-over do not overfill.
- For rice with high starch content we recommend cooking smaller quantities.
- Remove lid with care after cooking to avoid hot steam burning hands or face. Open the lid away from you using the easy lift tabs on the lid.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners or scrub pads.
Cleaning & care:
Dishwasher safe (top rack). To avoid staining or blistering we do not recommend adding colouring spices to the rice, or heating foods like tomato-based sauces, beetroot, curries or foods with high fat or high sugar content. Do not use for popping corn.
Do not use your Sistema® Microwave product in a conventional oven, on a hot plate, under the grill, on the stove top or in convection microwave ovens using convection settings.